[OpenAFS-devel] vol-dump.c and large file dumps...

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:42:14 -0500

It hasn't always existed... I wrote it as a utility program and for
testing purposes several months ago... Not even sure it's in any release
yet - it's definately in the head/trunk though.=20

The main issue with using it is that there is no locking. It is
transparent to the currently running server, but there is a possibility
of getting data while it is being modified.=20

As near as I can tell, the speed seems faster, but not tremendously so.
You might try it out on your systems and see if is faster. If it is,
could probably add in calls to volserver/fileserver locally to lock the
volume.=20

-- Nathan

University of Missouri - Rolla         Phone: (573) 341-6679
UMR Information Technology             Fax: (573) 341-4216
=20