[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] namei interface lockf buggy on Solaris (and probably HP-UX and AIX)

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:55:56 -0400

>Since we cannot eliminate the non-atomic nature of our metadata
>updates, and we can't easily tack on a metadata journal, I think there
>is an argument worth considering that doing batch updates during
>volume operations actually reduces our risk of data corruption (by
>reducing the total number of physical writes to media).

That is, I believe a larger project than what other people have been
talking about (just removing the fsync() calls).  Not that I think it's
a bad idea, mind you :-)

--Ken