[OpenAFS] Installation AFS Server on Redhat Linux 7.3

Paul Blackburn mpb@est.ibm.com
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 16:16:26 +0000

Frank Watty wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'am trying to get AFS - Server configured on Redhat Linux 7.3 without
> any luck so far.
> After installation of the rpms, starting the afs daemons is no problem
> but when after starting the bosserver the creation of kaserver,
> buserver etc fails and further config is impossible.
>
> Checking with bos status <sysname> returns
> bos : nosuch entry (getting tickets)
> bos : running unauthenticated
> Instance kaserver, temporarily disabled, stopped for too many errors,
> currently shutdown
>
> Can anbody help ??

Hello Frank,

Two useful links which may help you diagnose your problem.
Both were posted here (on openafs-info@openafs.org) earlier:

a) Gentoo Linux OpenAFS Guide
    http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openafs.xml

b) A sample logfile from a script that installs first AFS server.
    (the example is of Transarc AFS 3.6 on AIX but the sequence is
useful to see)
    http://www.angelfire.com/hi/plutonic/logs/mk_afs_srv
--
cheers