[OpenAFS] Confused about AFS - MITKRB5 Migration Kit

Patrick Boettcher empmp@gmx.de
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 09:47:56 +0100

Hello List,

I'm a little bit confused about the AFS-KRB5-Migration Kit.
On
http://www.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de/~iwrmm/Persons/Schulz/Unix/afs/afs-krb5.html
under point 7 the first sentence says that in future releases of KRB5 I do
not need a patch, but I'm not able to find the tools e.g. the asetkey
program. Because of this I think I still need the migration kit. The latest
patch I'm able to find is afs-krb5-1.3.tar.gz on
ftp://ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/pub/kerberos5/, but the "monster-patch" does not
patch my MITKRB5 version (1.2.7), I think because it is too new.
I've downloaded the binaries from the mentioned ftp, but when trying to
convert the "ktadd"ed extracted keyfile I get a segmentation fault.

Now my question, where can I get a compatible migration patch?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Patrick Boettcher