[OpenAFS] AFS Partition move Problem

chas williams chas@locutus.cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 15:03:55 -0500

In message <OF463770EA.05EE241D-ONC1256C9D.0066672A-C1256C9D.0066B469@de.ibm.com>,"Sven Oehme" writes:
>when i run the syncvldb command with a single volume , it reports me an
>communuctaion error , what is correct because the old server is turned off

i have run into the same problem.  i believe at the time turning
the old fileserver back on just for a bit while i did a synvldb
was easiest.  you could just bring up another machine as the old
server just for a bit.

just a reminder but any readonly volumes you might have will need
to fixed as well.  the syncvldb with learn the new readonlys
but also have the old readonlys pointing at the old server.