[OpenAFS] Small suggestion for RH spec file?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 01:12:27 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Paul Blackburn wrote:

> Not everyone who uses OpenAFS is using it over the Internet.

We call those people "unlucky" ;-)

> You might be surprised to learn that there are non-public networks
> that span the globe and do not exchange AFS traffic with Internet AFS sites.

Do you think it's realistic to do one of:
-figure out how to provide an openafs-config package which is just a
cellservdb and perhaps anything else assumed to be user modifiable

or

-assume people will edit CellServDB.local and just not create mount points
for cells they don't want to use

I'd love to hear an alternate proposal that makes everyone happy, but
remember, when a db server gets renumbered, the terminal server which
appears in its place shouldn't end up getting vlserver queries for the
next 6 years. I really do wish I was kidding.