[OpenAFS] locking in OpenAFS 1.2.6 and 1.2.7

Nickolai Zeldovich kolya@MIT.EDU
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 16:30:27 -0400

> I've noticed some differences is the locking behavior between 1.2.6 and
> 1.2.7 using simple fcntl() locking.  1.2.6 had a patch that seemed to
> fix previous locking problems and it passed my locking tests.  1.2.7 has
> the same patch but my locking tests do not aquire a lock.

Can you be a little more verbose about your problem?  The program you
attached simply displays the lock status of given files, and appears
to do so correctly for me on a sun4x_56 running OpenAFS 1.2.7, as well
as a Linux machine running OpenAFS cvs-head.

-- kolya