[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS-info digest, Vol 1 #843 - 16 msgs

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
09 Oct 2002 10:47:39 -0400

Daniel Sw=E4rd <excds@kth.se> writes:

> If I set up a remove printer-server, how do I forward information about
> which user is spooling the job? I need that in a filter script with
> nprint.

User kerberized lpr?  You're using AFS -- therefore you already have
Kerberos! ;)

> I've set all workstation afs-clients to use encrypted file transactions.
> Does that still put the ".nwclient"-files as risk?

It helps a bit from network-spoofing, but that doesn't help with
system:anyuser files.  Similarly, it doesn't help in the case of a
random user gaining the priviledges of the local lpd (through whatever
means the lpd gains those priviledges).

> 	/Daniel

-derek

--=20