[OpenAFS] covering bases: hangs and halts, rh7.3 w/2.4.20-18.7 kernel, OpenAFS 1.2.9

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:13:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Lee Damon wrote:

> > Nothing else should have changed stack usage wise, but there's no AFS
> > symbols in that stack trace, either.
>
> I don't really think this is AFS related, I'm reporting it here for
> completeness sake.  Of course, if anyone else on this list was experiencing
> it I'd be a lot more willing to be suspicious of AFS.

Well, at least once in the past there was a not-really-AFS issue where
stuff was running in our contexts that shouldn't have been, so it may have
been circumstantially ours, but I think this is entirely not ours.

> >> Jul  1 13:07:28 bird1 kernel: do_IRQ: stack overflow: 296
> >Do you know offhand if this has non-executable stack changes in it?
>
> I'm not sure I really understand what you mean by this question, or how
> I'd go about finding out the answer to it.  (But then, I try to stay
> as far as possible from doing kernelish things. :)

Don't worry about it, I can't really think how it would matter.