[OpenAFS] OpenAFS hangs during cp -r

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 16:17:14 +0200

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 03:51:56PM +0200, Maarten de Boer wrote:

> Another question: df gives me a strange result:
>
> iua-file:/afs/.iua/home/mdeboer# df
> Filesystem           1k-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> [...]
> /dev/sda8             63591528     35184  60326076   1% /vicepa
> AFS                    9000000         0   9000000   0% /afs
>
> Should /afs be the same size (more or less) as /vicepa ?

This is normal - or how would you estimate the free space of a
world-wide distributed file system? AFS just returns these bogus figures
- after all, your volume quota is the limiting factor, not /vicep* .

> I should mention that the client machine is not a stock 2.4.20 kernel,
> but has the "lowlatency" and "preemptible" patches applied. The filesystem
> of /vicepa is ext3

What's the filesystem of the cache? When it's ext3 as well, this
shouldn't be the source of the problems. I'd try again without the
lowlatency and preemptible patches...

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/