[OpenAFS] Any plans to support multi-terabyte filesystems on solaris?

Renata Maria Dart Renata Maria Dart <renata@SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:18:26 -0800 (PST)

Hello, is there a plan to support multi-terabyte /vicep partitions on
inode fileservers (that is, NOT namei fileservers) which became
possible with solaris 9 update 4?  This new multi-terabyte support
in solaris involves a change to the magic number in the superblock.
We want to experiment with a large volume fileserver and so I
tried to take advantage of this new capability in solaris and set
up a 1.6tb partition on a t4 attached to a system running solaris 9
update 4, but when I reboot the system or issue mountall so that the
OpenAFS fsck comes into play it cannot handle it:

10:39:48 ----Open AFS (R) openafs 1.2.10 fsck----
10:39:49 /dev/rdsk/c2t1d0s6: /dev/rdsk/c2t1d0s6: BAD SUPER BLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER W
RONG
10:39:49
10:39:49 /dev/rdsk/c2t1d0s6: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
10:39:49
10:39:49 WARNING - Unable to repair one or more filesystems.
10:39:49 Run fsck manually (fsck filesystem...).
10:39:49 Exit the shell when done to continue the boot process.
10:39:49
10:39:49
10:39:49 Type control-d to proceed with normal startup,
10:58:19 (or give root password for system maintenance): resuming mountall

If I control-d at this point, it does go ahead and mount it and I
can see it with vos partinfo once the fileserver starts...so it
sort of works at some level.

Thanks,  Renata

 Renata Dart                         | renata@SLAC.Stanford.edu
 Stanford Linear Accelerator Center  |
 2575 Sand Hill Road, MS 97          | (650) 926-2848 (office)
 Stanford, California   94025        | (650) 926-3329 (fax)