[OpenAFS] VOL create failed

Kevin Coffman kwc@citi.umich.edu
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:46:36 -0500

You shouldn't see the salvager running, you should see the fileserver =
and
volserver running.  What does "bos status <fileserver_name> -long" show?

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org =
[mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Sensei
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 7:25 AM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: [OpenAFS] VOL create failed

I'm following a debian documentation to create the cell=20
(http://www.debianplanet.org/node.php?id=3D816). And I use gentoo which =
is=20
slightly different (more adeherent to the openafs locations).

Moreover, I'm trying to have a kerberos 5 authentication, so no kaserver =

& co.

I follow every step but at the

# vos create blah blah blah -noauth

I get an error: it cannot fetch the partitions from the server, possible =

communication failure.

I noticed that the /usr/lib/openafs/salvager is not running, even if the =

bos create command showed no errors...

I'm trying but I cannot figure out what's happening...
--=20
Sensei <senseiwa:tin.it> <icq:241572242> <msn:Sensei_Sen:hotmail.com>

f u cn rd ths u r usng unx