Re[4]: [OpenAFS] afsd: Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:46:37 EST

>Well, first, you shouldn't have removed the 1.2.11 RPMs; you should have just
>upgraded from the previous version to the new version.

Well...something wasn't right with that installation.  So I decided to remove things and start over
again.

>The size of the CellServDB seems suspicious to me.  It's definitely not the
>distributed version.  Make sure that ThisCell shows up in your CellServDB, and
>that you've properly configured the cell's root.afs and root.cell volumes.

correct,  I used the one with just the entry for my cell instead of everyone elses cells.

>At this point it is 100% a configuration issue.  (I consider the
>root.afs/root.cell setup "configuration" ;)

right...  So let's see.  If I want to delete everything so I can start from scratch.
So I uninstall the rpm's and delete all afs directories and config files ?

thanks,

Ron

>-derek
>--
>       warlord@MIT.EDU                        PGP key available

 Ron Croonenberg                     |  Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator              |  Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience       |  e-mail : ronc@depauw.edu
 DePauw University                   |
 Julian Science & Math Center        |
 602 South College Ave.              |