[OpenAFS] some strange issues with openafs 1.3.87 client on linux 2.4

Dimitris Zilaskos dzila@tassadar.physics.auth.gr
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:03:19 +0300 (EEST)

 	Hello ,

 	Is it safe/unsafe to mount a disk partition under a directory in
AFS space? I did that without giving it much thought and although it
looked to work initially , after a couple of days thae directory became
inaccessible , everything hanged ( ls dfetc ). Only a power cycle resolved
the problem.
 	Another thing is that during an unrelated to afs operation that
increased the load on the client system to >50 , all processes accessing
afs get stuck (either in D or S state) and the load gets as high as
500. The processes become unkillable and the solution is again a power
cycle.
 	On two occasions out of around 50 that I wanted to restart afs
,after umounting AFS the following message appeared:
 	kernel: VFS: Busy inodes after unmount. Self-destruct in 5
seconds.  Have a nice day...
 	Reinserting the module results in an oops. A reboot and everything
works ok.
 	Under normal conditions however the client in 1.3.87 is by far the
more stable than all previous versions.

 	Cheers ,

--

Dimitris Zilaskos

Department of Physics @ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki , Greece
PGP key : http://tassadar.physics.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
 	  http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
MD5sum  : de2bd8f73d545f0e4caf3096894ad83f  pgp_public_key.asc