[OpenAFS] 1.4.0 on Solaris 10 x86/amd64

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 08 Nov 2005 07:38:14 -0500

In message <20051108082205.GA4001@ccali27.in2p3.fr>,Loic Tortay writes:
>The "known working" release (that does not work in our environment) I
>have been able to test is actually not 1.3.76 but something probably
>more akin to 1.3.79 (just like yours):
> % what /usr/vice/etc/afsd | grep 'OpenAFS '
>            OpenAFS devel built  2005-02-18
> %

try these: ftp://ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/pub/chas/openafs/loic-tortay.tar.gz
i probably built these before the kernel patch was applied.  also, could
you try clearing your cache?  rm -rf the cache before starting afsd.

>I have seen the #22320 problem with 1.3.87 and all 1.4.0 release
>candidates I have tested (including rc8), I have not been able to test
>1.4.1 and the final 1.4.0 release though.

i am loathe to upgrade the clients on my servers and none of my test
machines are amd64.