[OpenAFS] 1.4.0 on Solaris 10 x86/amd64

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 14:29:58 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Loic Tortay wrote:

> On the other hand, I can confirm that the problem still exists with the
> 1.4.0 release (even with a cleared cache).
>

> I have also tested the 1.3.79 release and it works in 64 bit mode:

[]

> <https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2005-October/019683.html>,
> Kris Kasner saw the problem on 1.3.81 too.
>
> Since the problem does not not seem to be in newer Solaris 10 kernel
> releases, it may then be due to a change in OpenAFS 1.3.80 or 1.3.81.

Well, the SunOS 4.x code was removed, and AFS_BOZONLOCK_ENV was defined.
BOZONLOCK_ENV protects a lock/unlock pair around StoreOnLastReference in
afs_vcache.c which was not previously defined for Solaris but is otherwise
mundane. You can try backing out to src/rx/rx_clock.c from 1.3.79 and see
what happens, that would be my guess.

Derrick