[OpenAFS] Fileserver can't be managed from it self

scorch scorch@muse.net.nz
Fri, 02 Sep 2005 22:22:13 +0200

===
I have a file server that I can manage remotely, but locally I can

manage other machines but not the localhost.  I can do "vos examine" a
any volume, but I can't do "vos listvol" of itself.

I don't have a clue where to start looking for problems, as everything
seems to be right
root@marta> vos partinfo -server ana -partition /vicepa
Free space on partition /vicepaa: 3337876 K blocks out of total 17767292

root@marta> vos partinfo -server marta -partition /vicepaa
Could not fetch the list of partitions from the server
Possible communication failure
Possible communication failure

ana is a dbserver and fileserver.
marta is only a fileserver.

This are the kind of problems I see.  If I give this commands from
another machine, I don't have any problem.

===
how about your ifconfig -A on both boxes? are you running multiple IP addresses on one box? any packet filtering perhaps?

I had the same issue where a DBserver was multi-homed - the 'other' interface didn't respond.

cheers, dave
--
everything to excess -- moderation is for monks