[OpenAFS] ticket expireation question

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming@gmail.com
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:43:29 -0400

I'm new to OpenAFS.  I've been reading through the FAQ on the wiki,
and it mentions that cron jobs would require authentication.  This got
me thinking about processes, like a simulation job that was turned
loose on a AFS volume.  What happens if the kerberos ticket expires
before the job is done running?  Additionally, how well would OpenAFS
work for a computing cluster environment, like Sun Grid Engine?=20
Thanks for any insights and tips.
--=20
Jiann-Ming Su
"I have to decide between two equally frightening options.=20