[OpenAFS] missing mount point RO volumes

Andrew Bacchi bacchi@rpi.edu
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:36:48 -0400

> What could have caused the RO volumes to become unmounted?

A bug, or a person.

It appears that the volume was cloned this morning by a script,
unsuccessfully.  This I believe is what caused the RO volumes to become
unmounted.

> If the RO volumes are inaccessible, doesn't the RW volume become the
> failover site?

No.

Bummer, I always thought the RW vols came into the picture if nothing else
was available.

> What can I do to prevent this in the future?

Well, what version on the servers? What's in the filelogs?

The server is 1.2.13.   Is 1.4.x a fix for this in some way?

The Volserlog shows the failed vos release on the RO vol.

Thanks Derrick