[OpenAFS] vos remove / vos zap failure observations

Joe Buehler jbuehler@spirentcom.com
Wed, 07 Jun 2006 10:12:40 -0400

After cleaning up some bogus volumes that were lying around
because of recent salvage activity, my main observation
is that neither vos remove nor vos zap are removing the
directory tree associated with the volume being clobbered
(I am talking the namei server here obviously).

Even when using "vos zap -force" the tree is left around.
I presume that this is why the volume comes back after a machine
crash and subsequent salvage.

Could the commands in question be modified to do this
removal, or is the problem dangerous inconsistencies
between in-memory structures and on-disk structures in the
various server processes?
--
Joe Buehler