[OpenAFS] achieving "balance"?

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:36:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Robert Banz wrote:

> I've been doing some things that collect volume statistics nightly
> (vnode usage, size, etc) and stores them in a SQL table, and I
> periodically run a perl script that does volume moves of user home
> volumes based on size & usage in an attempt to balance out capacity
> and IO load amongst a collection of servers.
>
> I'll see about posting the perl script that does this (it's not
> actually that pretty) to the list next week if anyone is interested.

Doing something like that, with mysql, crossed my mind too, but I hate to
spend time reinventing the wheel if it's already been done.

Cheers, Stephen
--
Stephen Joyce
Systems Administrator                                            P A N I C

The problem with troubleshooting is that often trouble shoots back.