[OpenAFS] Volumes going offline, cacheing question

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:53:25 -0500

Joseph Di Lellio <joed@ucsc.edu> wrote:
>   My Sun storedge 3510 array has cacheing turned on... I just found
> this out.  I don't have logging turned on for the partitions, but does
> disk cacheing cause troubles?  This is what I'm using for the
> fileservers. However, it's really the general question I'm curious
> about.

I have some Sun A1000s and on the ones where the batteries haven't
failed yet, caching is turned on.  It shouldn't cause problems.  If you
are using the inode fileserver I believe that you MUST have nologging
set or it will interfere with your AFS vice partitions.

<<CDC
--
Christopher D. Clausen
ACM@UIUC SysAdmin