[OpenAFS] having issues after changing IP Scope

Pucky Loucks ploucks@pixpo.com
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:24:47 -0700

On Oct 20, 2006, at 10:05 AM, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Oct 2006, Pucky Loucks wrote:
>
>> I'm having issues with my current AFS cell.  What I did was change
>> the IPScope of the Network and did a 'vos changeaddr' from the old
>> ip to the new ip and all worked well.  Sometime later everything
>> went to hell.  It seems now that the vldb have references to
>> volumes on the wrong fileserver.
>
> Well, for starters, what's IPScope? I assume this is something from
> some particular vendor? Does it have references to the wrong
> fileserver (which exists and has its own volumes) or can you simply
> use changeaddr to fix your problem?
What I mean is that we had AFS working on 192.168.130.0/24 and our
corporate network is on 192.168.128.0/23.  The corp network needs to
grow, so we are changing it to 192.168.128.0/22 (this is where are
our issue starts) 130 will end up being included in 192.168.128.0/22
(which is not what we want for other reasons).

So when I said IPScope I'm mixing up subnetting and windows DHCP GUI
interface terminology(eek sorry).

>> What I want to do is Clean out the VLDB and then do a 'vos
>> syncvldb' from each fileserver to fix the issue.
>
> why do you need to clean it out first?
My understanding was that if the vldb server are so out of whack,
(because of something I've done) why not kill what they know and then
get all the correct info from the fileservers.  Which seems like it
would be the quickest fix.

>> Can someone tell me whether this is possible or not and if so...
>> how do I scrub my vldb database?  Can I just delete the db
>> directory from the filesystem? (that doesn't sound like a good idea)
>
> it's not...
Does the db directory on the AFSDB's only contain volume info?