[OpenAFS] Re: openafs on debian with linux 2.6.18 kernel

Dj Merrill deej@econ.duke.edu
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:12:36 -0400

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

>> it is not in /lib/cpp, but
>> in /usr/bin/cpp. This is the standard location on all Linuxes I've ever
>> seen (Debian, RH, SuSe, Scientific, ...).
>
> If there's no /lib/cpp, then you have a problem.  Fix the problem,
> instead of trying to argue with me about filesystem policy or, worse,
> history.  If your unix experience is limited to four relatively recent
> Linux distributions, you don't have enough of a sample to say what the
> "standard location" is of anything as old as the C preprocessor.

	FWIW, on my Centos systems /lib/cpp is a link pointing to /usr/bin/cpp,
so you might both be "right"...

-Dj

--
Dj Merrill                          Department of Economics
Unix Infrastructure Administrator   Room 213, Social Sciences Bldg

"On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section,
it said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed Linux." -Anonymous