[OpenAFS] stat files capped at 10000 on Windows AFS client?

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:54:09 -0500

Mike Polek <mike@pictage.com> wrote:
> Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>> Use the 1.5.10 installers.  1.4.2 does not support
>> inline bulk stat RPCs.  I'm sure that performing 15,000
>> RPCs to read the contents of a directory is going to
>> take some time.
>
> When we attempted to go to 1.5.9, we had more complaints
> that with the 1.4.1 series. Any words of wisdom before
> attempting 1.5.10? If this does what I need it to do,
> and so we choose this as a migration path,
> I will be actively debugging it and doing my best to
> gather bug reporting data. More to come!

I've found 1.5.10 much better than 1.5.9.  I can now run ntbackup and
write bkf files (including files over 4GB) into AFS without getting
"delayed write failed" messages, I can use dd to write and read files
and not have it crap out part of the way through the file, and I haven't
see afsd_service eat all CPU on the machine.

<<CDC
--
Christopher D. Clausen
ACM@UIUC SysAdmin