[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS 1.4.2 on latest FC5 kernel

Axel Thimm openafs-info@openafs.org
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:16:42 +0200

--VdOwlNaOFKGAtAAV

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 03:04:17PM +0100, David Howells wrote:
> > Have you tried the binary packages?
>=20
> I overlooked the x86_64 kernel module the first time I looked through the
> webpage and thought there weren't any.  I've since downloaded the binary
> packages and installed them.

OK.

> Next question: How come you install many of the files in different places=
> the standard openafs RPMs?  I've got a script to set up a simple server (=
see
> attached) that I use with the standard RPMs, but it doesn't work with you=
rs:-/

Which files do you miss or see relocated? Maybe some were adjusted to
Fedora's/RHEL's fs layout or the FHS (as opposed to the old
transarc-paths). If it's something else you'll have to provide some
details. The idea is to have the packages blend in as best as possible
with the distribution's conventions, which for Fedora/RHEL is mostly
FHS with libexec and /etc/sysconfig.
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--VdOwlNaOFKGAtAAV