[OpenAFS] failed fileserver ip address change

Juha Jäykkä juolja@utu.fi
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:54:18 +0300

--Sig_FJRjUdu+US0qvEy4IjFRR8G

> It never showed up on any volumes, or in 'vos listaddrs' output?

Never.

> added as a result of someone running a fileserver on that address at
> some time in the past -- either during testing before the renumbering,
> or because that address belonged to a server before -- or as a result

None of these is possible, the whole /24 address space is new to us.

> of some vos command. For example, using 'vos addsite' to add a rep site
> on the new address before the renumbering happened might get you into

But I cannot vouch for this. I do not think anyone did anything like
that, but it's definitely possible.

Thanks for the input. We'll know how to be more careful next time.

-Juha

--=20
		| Juha J=C3=A4ykk=C3=A4, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|