[OpenAFS] Which file system is the best for AFS data partitions?

Frank Burkhardt fbo2@gmx.net
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 22:55:07 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 04:46:29PM -0400, Steven Jenkins wrote:

> * What is the underlying filesystem?  what features do you have enabled?  (
> e.g., the output of dumpe2fs -h or equivalent on your system)

Ok ... I replaced my beloved XFS by reiserfs (3), created a volume
containing 190000 files. Removing its backup clone took 54s which is more
than 500 times faster (considered, the time needed by the operation depends
on the # of files only) than on XFS.

I'll take the chance to ask everyone about their filesystem preferences for
(namei-) AFS data partitions. I'm especially interested in things like "I
used XYfs but moved to YZfs because of XX". Please write about non-linux
servers filesystem preferences, too.

Thank you in advance,

Frank