[OpenAFS] Production ready?

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:26:16 +0200 (MEST)

> Looking at the Redhat distros that are supported, the newer builds are
> not present.  (RH5 is out was well as newer RH4, the current kernel is
> several version newer than what has packages available.)

Yes. It takes a serious amount of manpower to keep up with the
zillions of Linux versions in all the distros.

> 4.2 seems to
> be the newest RH out there.  As I want the newest security builds, am I
> best off just downloading the 1.4.4 source and compiling them or trying
> to use the older binary packages on the current distro?

I'd start with the newest released sourcecode and build an RPM from
the spec file. Report any success/trouble please. Do we have any
instructions how to do that? (Too lazy to search myself now).

Harald.