[OpenAFS] Re: Vos functions and clones and shadows

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:50:25 -0700

I've updated the FAQ with the contents of this thread.

>> What if you create a shadow volume which has the same name as a
>> volume which exists elsewhere?  I assume that this would normally
>> work, since the shadow doesn't get into the VLDB.  If then you
>> made the shadow volume live, would it delete the VLDB entry for
>> the original volume?  Perhaps without deleting it from the other
>> disk?

> Your assumption is correct, and the answer to all the above questions
> is yes.

What if you then run "vos syncvldb" against the server holding the
original rw volume?  Will the volserver with the rw volume obliterate
the formerly-shadow volume's entry?

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380