[OpenAFS] Export Control Classification for openAFS 1.5.20

Marcus Watts mdw@spam.ifs.umich.edu
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:41:46 -0400

> Date:    Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:34:44 EDT
> To:      "Subit, Daniel (GE Infra, US)" <daniel.subit@ge.com>
> cc:      openafs-info@openafs.org
> From:    Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com>
> Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Export Control Classification for openAFS 1.5.20
>
> I should add that if someone was to file a request with BIS (formerly
> BXA) the request would be for either a 5D002 or 5D992 classification.
> OpenAFS is distributed under the TSU exception in EAR 740.13(e), which
> applies to software containing or designed for use with encryption
> software that is publicly available as open source.
>
> Jeffrey Altman

Past & current distributions of afs only support des keys.
This may qualify for some lower level of classification,
and means it's unlikely to cause excitement in most public
servants.

				- Marcus Watts