[OpenAFS] Disconnected OpenAFS

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 14:16:33 -0400

shivers@ccs.neu.edu wrote:
> I am someone who would *love* to have an AFS with support for coda-like
> disconnected operation, so that I could use AFS to provide transparent
> access to my data from my notebook & office computer. (Coda won't do; even
> in 2007, it is unusably flaky.)
>
> A while back, I saw on the Open AFS web page a comment that disconnected AFS
> would be available third or fourth quarter 2007. So I thought I'd ping this
> list, it now being September, to see what the likelihood of this was. Does
> anyone know the status of disconnected AFS? Is it happening?
>     -Olin
According to the 2007 road map published at the AFS workshop in May
2007, it is a project in need of support. The read-only estimate is 2
developer-weeks. The read/write estimate is 6-7 developer weeks.

See
http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw07/talks/openafs_roadmap_BPW_2007.pdf
-  page 6

The OpenAfs project is always looking for more support in the form of
volunteers or money.

If anyone has any more info, please speak up.

Sincerely,
Jason