[OpenAFS] Volumes and disk partitions

David Miguel davidbranquinho@gmail.com
Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:01:03 +0000

--0015175ce07004c1880461a1329e

Hello,

I have some questions concerning afs volumes and disk partitions:

1. An afs volume "is" a disk partition? Or a disk partition "has" afs
volumes?

2. All afs volumes must have the same size?

3. If a partition "has" an afs volume, can I have many volumes in a
partition?

4. If a partition "is" a volume, it has to be the exact size of the volume?

5. Is there any text with this topics, and/or advice on the optimal afs
volume size?

Thank you,
--david

--0015175ce07004c1880461a1329e

Hello,<br><br>I have some questions concerning afs volumes and disk partiti=
ons:<br><br>1. An afs volume &quot;is&quot; a disk partition? Or a disk par=
tition &quot;has&quot; afs volumes?<br><br>2. All afs volumes must have the=
 same size?<br>
s in a partition?<br><br>4. If a partition &quot;is&quot; a volume, it has =
to be the exact size of the volume?<br><br>5. Is there any text with this t=
opics, and/or advice on the optimal afs volume size?<br>

--0015175ce07004c1880461a1329e--