[OpenAFS] Openafs 1.4.8 on OSX very slow

Hans Melgers hans@enem.nl
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 23:08:47 +0100

Hello,

I notice afs performance on osx Leopard is very slow; opening a folder
in Finder takes up to 2 minutes to even display. I have the right
tokens, firewall is open for all connections.
Performance in terminal is much better, a cd and ls to /afs works
instantly. So it seems there are problems in the finder.
I noticed two afsd processes running. normal ?

Im also tried running parallels with the windows client on the same
machine, works perfect and very fast.

Does anyone have some tips to speed up performance ? Are there any
known problems in the mac osx finder in the latest leopard?
I'm running 1.4.8 with openafsconfig, MIT kerberos extras. Tokens look
fine. Mac OSX 10.5.6

Thanks
Hans

Hans Melgers