[OpenAFS] 1.3.87 on Solaris 10 and weird NFS proble

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 01 Sep 2005 21:14:29 -0400

On Thursday, August 11, 2005 03:49:03 PM -0500 Brian Sebby <sebby@anl.gov>
wrote:

> When IBM released AFS to the Open Source community, the AFS->NFS
> translator was removed due to licensing issues with Sun.  Since then,
> Derrick has been working on a new translator from scratch, but it's still
> a work in progress. We still have to run the Transarc client on our AFS
> translator, although I hope we can get rid of it soon since we're
> decomissioning a number of systems that relied on it.  As he said, it
> hasn't been tested on Solaris 10, so it's not surprising that it didn't
> work.

Uh...  The translator hasn't been tested on Solaris 10, but it _does_ work
on Solaris 9.  We've been running it in production for over a year now.  If
you are running 1.2 on your translator machine, you might want the patches
in tickets 15960, 15961, and 15962.  These were all applied to the head
quite some time ago and should appear in 1.4.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer