[OpenAFS] Re: Debugging a network performance problem that affects AFS

Dale Pontius pontius@btv.ibm.com
Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:12:53 -0500

On 01/14/2011 10:35 AM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:44:58 -0500
> Dale Pontius<pontius@btv.ibm.com>  wrote:
>
>> I'm currently running Fedora Core 13 on a multiboot machine, and:
>> [user@hostname~]$ xstat_cm_test hostname -collID 2 -onceonly
>>
>> Starting up the xstat_cm service, no debugging, one-shot operation

>> ** Data size mismatch in performance collection!** Expecting 1064, got 759
>> ** Version mismatch with Cache Manager
> You need to match the data model and endianness between the client and
> the machine running xstat_cm_test (so, you get that error between e.g.
> amd64 and x86 hosts). It's probably easiest to just run it on the local
> machine.
>
> A fix is being worked on, but that's how it is now.

In this particular case, I am running xstat_cm_test on the client,
against that same client.  So the kind of error you cite shouldn't
exist.  I suspect it's a problem with the building of the package.  I
need to reboot to Gentoo, and I'm pretty sure I've run xstat_cm_test
there, though with different options.

Dale

--
Dale Pontius
Senior Engineer

This e-mail and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message from your system without copying it and notify sender of the misdirection by reply e-mail.