[OpenAFS] OpenAFS & Linux kernel 2.6: please have a trackable bug report / task ?

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth@cern.ch
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:36:57 +0100

Thus spake Holger Brueckner (lists@net-labs.de):

> so then why can't you recompile the kernel with standard distribution
> setting (so they'll work on ever of your machines) with just a small
> modification so that afs will also work ?

That's still four or five different kernels. And it's not just building.
It is building, distributing, keeping an eye on (security-)updates
(which are done automatically now).

My occupation is not AFS. My occupation is not even computing. I want to
do physics. So I'm not willing to put more time into this than
necessary. But still AFS is essential -- right now I'm sitting in
Chicago, having my home directory in Germany ...

--
C++: an octopus made by nailing extra legs onto a dog.