[OpenAFS] OpenAFS & Linux kernel 2.6: please have a trackable bug report / task ?

Andreas andreas@conectiva.com.br
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:22:43 -0300

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 05:25:15PM +0100, Holger Brueckner wrote:
> so then why can't you recompile the kernel with standard distribution
> setting (so they'll work on ever of your machines) with just a small
> modification so that afs will also work ?
>
> it's just a matter of about 5 minutes to change a kernel setting and
> wait for some minute for the package to build.

You are assuming that the AFS patch will apply cleanly on a distribution
kernel (I'm not talking about kernel.org tarballs here).

Or are we talking about having AFS patches for debian, suse, RH, etc?